The following information, advice and recommendation may be useful for you while travelling to Armenia.
Information about Armenia
- Armenia is situated at a cultural, historical, and religious intersection. By its historical-cultural heritage, Armenia is considered one of the most interesting countries in the ancient world.
- Armenia became the first state in the world to adopt Christianity as its religion in the early years of the 4th century (301 AD).
- Due to its high elevation and inland location, most of Armenia has a continental climate. This means that the summers are very hot and the winters moderately cold, especially on the Ararat plain.
- Due to the very mountainous terrain, however, Armenia has innumerable microclimates which include temperate rainforests in the north and south, and arctic tundra-like conditions on some of the highest peaks.
- If you venture into the areas with the lowest elevations, you will even see palm trees in some parts.
Climate in Armenia
Climate is with an abrupt difference between day and night temperatures, so we advise visitors to take warm clothes even in summer. Due to a large number of microclimates in Armenia, there is also a great variety of flora and fauna which can be seen at different times of the year in different parts of Armenia.
Dress code in Armenia
Dress code depends on the purpose of your visit, and the length of your stay. For the most part, things you are used to in the west will be easily available in Yerevan - Capital of Armenia. As a tourist, you can wear whatever you are accustomed to abroad. Armenia is a country with the most pleasant visa system for travellers.
Visa and Safety in Armenia
You can get a visa for 21 days arriving at the airport, it costs 3000 AMD. Regarding safety issues, Yerevan by any comparative measure is a very safe city for its size.
VIsit Armenia and know more about this holy land.
Gardman Tour, 10.03.2016